Thursday, May 5, 2011

Montessorians ReUnite!

Yesterday was a great day!
I got together with my great friend Melissa, who I first met in our Montessori training (you have read about her before). We spent the day in Toronto with our two babies. Not only was spending time with her yesterday great fun, but it also gave me a chance to reflect on how far Mel and I have come as friends and as people since we met 10 years ago. When we first met Mel was dating her now husband, Chris, and I was still trying to find a partner. Look at us now! Both married and with kids.
Mel has two gorgeous children and I have a very cute little boy. It was so nice to spend the day together and it always brings back so many memories from years ago: reminiscing about the other people from our class, remembering how nervous we were before our final exams and laughing about all the fun times we had during our training.
It is so great to be able to talk to someone
who knows your career, can help you come
up with creative new ideas for classroom
activities, or can help with any questions and
or concerns.

Melissa and I live so far apart and are so busy
nowadays, we don’t get to see each other
often or talk every day. But each of us holds
an important part in the other’s life and
that kind of friendship is truly special.

I have said it before, and I will say it again: if
it weren’t for Montessori, I would never have
met this great friend and teacher!

Mel: it was great seeing you and Leah again
yesterday and I cherish every minute we
spend together.
Montessori for Life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment