Monday, September 12, 2011

Practical Life at the Beginning of School Year





Here are a few pictures of what my Practical Life area looks like so far. Practical Life at the beginning of the school year is very different than Practical Life at the end of the year. I always start off with very simple lessons to accommodate the new and young students. As you can see to the right, my Practical Life is minimal however, that will change in October where I add more to the shelves and change a few things around. I like to start with the basics to remind students how Practical Life lessons are to be completed correctly.
Below is our simple transferring lessons.
Next comes the lacing, sorting, and fine motor lessons.

The last two shelves are cutting and care of the environment. The students are in charge of most of the cleaning up.


Our theme "All About Me" is officially underway and I will have examples of what the children are working on in the next few days




No comments:

Post a Comment